Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Time to Celebrate!

So it was the first snowstorm of the week and what better way to celebrate than to bake Greek Celebration Bread! I had opted to go with orange zest and think it compliments the almond quite nicely. This week I was delighted that I actually developed a kneeding strategy and was able to get my dough supple enough to pass the windowpane test! Then of course I promptly dropped my well oiled ball of dough on the floor (which luckily I had just mopped in my presnow giddiness!). Little did I know that I was going to be out of work for a week, but I was anticipating some good cooking over the next few days (orecchiette and roast cauliflower, roast chicken, stock, white chili, cornbread, lemon risotto, and chocolate chip cookies). The bread was an amazing start to my cooking adventure throughout Snowmaggedon and Snoverkill. Of course, I let it rise for the double the time because Phil and I went out exploring in the snow and it was just too pretty to come in! And speaking of Phil- I have to give my husband a little pat on the back via this blog because he is an enormous help in the process by doing the bread dishes! And of course, loving the bread. ;)

blubbling poolish!

orange zest in all it's glory
whoops - stayed away a little too long...try tripled in size




Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment